They say laughter is the best medicine, and a family who laughs together, stays together. One of our favorite ways to enjoy a rare day at home as a family is with a movie marathon. With kids ranging from 5 to 12-years-old, sometimes finding a comedy movie that is entertaining to all can be a challenge.
Through the years, we’ve accumulated some favorites that everyone loves. Here are a few of the family-friendly comedy movies that get the most laughs from our kids.
5 Comedy Movies Perfect for a Cozy Day Inside
1. The Muppets: If you grew up in the late 70s or early 80s you probably have fond memories of sitting around the TV as a family and watching “The Muppet Show.” Laughter was abundant as you followed the adorable characters on their various adventures. Well, you can’t go wrong with any of the classic Muppet movies, but if you want to watch a newer, hilarious version, “The Muppets” (2011) is a great option, plus you’ll introduce your family to the Muppets you loved as a kid.
2. How to Train Your Dragon (Parts 1 & 2): What happens when you are a young Viking who is tasked with capturing a dragon to mark your passage into manhood? An exhilarating, uplifting and comedic experience the whole family will love. Both the original movie and its sequel will have kids of all ages laughing at the antics.
3. Night at the Museum: If you are looking for a flick that provides as much educational history as it does laughs, this is it. Take your kids on an adventure where museum artifacts and characters come to life, and watch your family have fun while they learn things too.
4. The Parent Trap: The original version of this movie is a great one to introduce to your children for good, old fashioned, classic fun. When twin girls trade places and try to get their divorced parents back together, a lot of funny things happen.
5. Wreck It Ralph: This is probably one of my favorite animated movies of all time! A video game character is tired of always being the bad guy, so he decides to leave his game to search for a medal of honor that will prove to everyone that he is a good guy, after all. What happens on his adventure is both heartwarming and hilarious. Parents will love this movie as much as the young ones.
Tip: Did you finish all these movies and need more ideas? Our Kids’ Movie Guide is filled with five moreideas that’ll keep everyone entertained for hours.
With all these great options, your family should be set for a fun and laughter-filled movie day!