Halloween Party Planner
Arts and Crafts
- Make your own slime! (for older kids)
- Fill one small cup with water and add a spoonful of Borax powder and stir it up. Then set it aside.
- Fill the other small cup with about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of non-toxic common paper glue.
- Add three tablespoons (20 ml) of water to the glue and stir.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and stir it up until mixed.
- Now the fun part…Add one tablespoons of the Borax solution you made earlier and stir well. Watch the slime form!
- After the slime forms let it sit for about 30 seconds and then pull it off the spoon and play with it!
- Decorate a jack o’lantern (Smaller kids)
- Photocopy a picture of a pumpkin and have kids color in faces, then take turns telling stories about their jack o’laterns
- “Scary story”
- Have kids sit “pretzel-style” with a blanket covering their laps.
- Tell a “scary” story. Have the kids pass around bowls under the blanket that hold items from the story. Try peeled grapes for eyeballs and cold spaghetti for guts.
- Musical chairs – use Halloween songs like Monster Mash
- Ghost, Ghost, Goblin! – change the name of Duck, Duck, Goose
- Personally decorated pumpkin cookies
- For breakfast, use food coloring to tint their oatmeal orange and use raisins for jack-o’-lantern faces
- Spook up your kids’ lunches by using a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out the sandwiches and then push raisins into the bread for jack-o’-lantern faces